HAIR REMOVAL, SKIN BRIGHTENING & PIGMENTATION
Who says that there is no room for innovation in the world of waxing?
Pinkini™ & Depilbright™ are the first skin lightening professional hair removal methods formulated for polyethnic skin tones such as Asian, African, Indian, Arabic, Caribbean and Latin American. They help blur skin blemishes and brighten the skin tone, effectively removing all hairs.
Can you picture being able to enhance absorption of active ingredients into the skin without any additional cost, whilst offering a pain-free and effective waxing treatment? Well now you can…
Two of the industries major global brands have developed ranges that address the brightening of skin caused by hyperpigmentation while also supporting a perfect epilation.
Depileve Depilbright™ & Lycon Pinkini
Why is there a need for Skin Brightening in the space of waxing?
Hyperpigmentation...caused by the density of melanocytes in intimate areas
- Bikini zone- the delicate skin in this intimate area naturally has the highest density of melanocytes that cause dark skin pigments. Some women have distinctive variations in dark intimate skin tones.
- Underarms- should naturally be about the same shade as the rest of your skin. But sometimes, the skin in the armpits can turn a darker hue.
- Inner Thigh – Dark skin on the inner thighs can be experienced by anyone, regardless of skin tone. Often caused by chafing, hormonal imbalance, irritations, friction from tight clothing
There are two types of pigmentation.
Hyperpigmentation is darker in appearance to the rest of the skin on the face/body, whereas Hypopigmentation is whiter/paler than the rest of the skin.
Hyperpigmentation occurs when the melanocytes in the deeper layers of the skin produce a skin-darkening pigment known as melanin. If melanin is over-produced, it may result in darker skin patches appearing on the skin’s surface.
Skin Pigmentation has huge relevance in the beauty industry as skin colour seems to be linked with social factors and differing perceptions of what is aesthetically acceptable. Many people are dissatisfied with their skin colour wanting it either darker or lighter or a more even skin tone as opposed to blotchy or patchy colour. A considerable market has grown around remedies to alter skin colour and achieve and maintain an even skin tone.
For example, new and improved hair removal treatments rely on using a serum under your wax to target pigmentation and help achieve a lighter brighter skin tone.
What causes pigmentation
- Skin type
- Sun exposure
- Injury to the skin (including burns and post-treatment inflammation)
- Hormone imbalances
- Some illnesses and medications
The goal of skin lightening is not to bleach your skin, but to fade out unwanted blemishes by inhibiting melanin, which gives your skin its colour.
“Skin Lightening” helps reduce pigmentation, lightens discoloration, eliminates blemishes and evens skin tone. Importantly, it can be done through simple skin care products, and does not require any type of medical procedure. Skin lightening products target particular areas of discolorations like age spots and hyperpigmentation from acne breakouts and bruising. Lightening creams and serums work to reduce the melanin pigmentation in a particular area on the skin.
Lightening of the skin can be achieved through several methods. These include:
- inhibition of tyrosinase activity
- destruction of melanocytes
- inhibition of melanin formation
- preventing transfer of melanin into keratinocyte
- bleaching of the surface of the stratum corneum.
Cosmetics laboratories work endlessly on trying to develop new, more effective and molecularly lighter active ingredients so that the skin can absorb them easier. However, permeating the deepest layers of the epidermis continues to be an uphill battle: how can we help them pass through the skin’s natural barrier?
DEPILBRIGHT FACIAL (9 X 8ml) & BODY (3 X 30ml) SERUMS
Skin care serum for the face, body, and intimate area made from anti-pigment active ingredients of plant origin. Its special texture means it is absorbed easily by the skin, reaching deep layers thanks to the subsequent use of Cerazyme Depilbright wax and its osmotic effect.
In addition to reducing pigmentation on both the surface and innermost layers, it brightens and blends the skin tone, hydrating deep and restructuring the epidermis.
Apply intimate serum on clean skin and wait briefly until absorbed.
Apply the Depilbright Wax
Immediately re-apply after hair removal.
- Gatuline® Spot-Light
- Citrus Unshiu Extract (Japanese mandarin peel)
- Poppy Seed Oil
- Attenuates Stains both at epidermal and dermal level
- Brightens and evens out the general skin tone.
- Deeply hydrates the skin and restructures the epidermis.
PINKINI LIGHTENING SERUM (30ml)
A lightweight, clear serum that helps gently lighten delicate skin. Ideal for bikinis, underarms, back of the hands and other pigmented areas which need assistance. The scientifically advanced skin lightening and brightening formula absorbs quickly and effectively helping to improve skin tone. This formula doubles up as a lightening anti-aging face serum, which helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles, while also plumping and restoring a youthful even glow. Suitable for external use only, Hydroquinone and Arbutin free
Apply PINKINI Lightening Serum morning and night daily
Apply to dry clean skin and allow it to absorb into skin before getting dressed.
Visibly lighter skin may take a few weeks to emerge.
Always use sunscreen if exposing skin to the sun.
- Vitamin C Complex
- Hyaluronic Acid
- Sodium Lactate
- Lightens delicate skin in pigmented areas
- Improves skin tone
- Lightening and anti-aging face serum reducing fine lines and wrinkles